Health benefits of using Lotus leaf Tea as a weight loss aid
Do you know that the lotus leaf tea has been consumed as weight loss aid for over 5,000 years in the Middle East, Asian countries, Egypt, India, western countries and many ancient cultures? The sole purpose of consuming Lotus leaf stems are the health benefits derived from this medicinal plant that has no record of adverse side effects. Most cultures of Asia have used lotus leaves as nature’s slim tea due to its weight loss attributes. Other cultures have found different and varied health benefits for consuming this ancient plant. We shall be discussing the general health and weight loss benefits of consuming lotus leaf whether as a healing/medicinal supplement, weight loss tea or as food supplement.
- Wight loss benefits of lotus leaf Tea: Several scientific researchers have tried to investigate the effect of lotus extracts on preventing the absorption of fat and carbohydrate in the body. One of the recent research titled “Flat stomach” carried out by Albeit (2010) on two sets of 18 rats, where one set of rats were exposed to (400mg) extracts from lotus leaves for 42 days while the other set were exposed to distilled water. The result from this experiment led to the conclusion that lotus leaf can be used as an anti-obesity agent, having found out that the set of rats exposed to lotus extract lost a significant amount of weight as compared to the other set exposed to distilled water.
Even before these experiment were carried out, people have consumed lotus leaf teas have benefited immensely for its weight loss effects. In China, United States of America, Japan, India and other world countries were lotus is consumed, you will get to find different brands of slimming tea and weight loss teas that has its main ingredient as lotus leaf, this is because lotus has shown its great weight loss potentials and limited side effects.
- Health benefits of consuming lotus leaves: A good number of health benefits have been derived over the years by the consumption of lotus leaf. We have discussed some of the salient ones in the following paragraphs:
- Healing effects: Lotus leaf tea has been found to be effective in treating liver, spleen and stomach diseases. It has also been found to heal summer heat syndromes, which causes over heating of the body and heat rashes.
- Nature’s slim tea suppresses appetite: Most people who use lotus tea, testifies that they experience loss of appetitie after consuming lotus slim tea. The underlying reason for this claim is not yet scientifically known.
- Boosts body metabolism: Lotus leaf has enzymes that help to speed up fat and carbohydrates digestion in the body. This speeding up would help to reduce the accumulation of fat and release of more energy to the body.
- Lotus leaf tea can boost energy level: Lotus leaf has enzymes that have the capabilities of converting carbohydrates to its different classes of component sugar. This would help to boost energy level in the body and the unabsorbed sugar would be removed from the body.
From all the benefits sighted above, I believe it is now evident to you that lotus has good health and slimming benefits to be an ingredient in weight loss tea. However, most of these scientific researches were carried out on animals. Its wise to observe any reactions your body feels when taking lotus leaf tea. Therefore, seek medical attention if you notice any abnormal symptoms like restlessness, heart palpitations and insomnia.